In this visually stunning series, Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux takes us to his spiritual home in the South of France to share a delightful slice of the life he enjoys every time he holidays there.
He will prepare delicious recipes and visit regional food producers for the best ingredients to bring the taste of France to our home kitchens, and we’ll see him experience all the joys that come with being a local. From a visit to village boulangerie in search of a baguette freshly warm from the oven to enjoying a fish stew from a harbourside bistro. Viewers will delight in this celebration of pleasures, while each experience builds on and directly inspires the simple French dishes that Michel will cook in a stunningly rustic country kitchen or al fresco dining over hot coals on the terrace. It’s a gorgeous culinary journey through the landscapes of Southern France on a quest to capture the spirit of the food Michel most loves to eat.
- Best Cooking Shows to watch on TV list.
- "A new soothing French food show."
- "A visually stunning series."
- "Michel Roux's French Country Cooking is the best thing on TV at the moment."
- "Absolutely loved Michel Roux's French Country Cooking. One of the most uplifting programmes."
Twitter @royston_smith (MP)
- "A superb chef, great food, great production."